A great accomplishment shouldn't be the end of the road, just the starting point for the next leap forward.
- The team completed Koyna Valley Water retention. A complex project with four dams hence the name Koyna Hydroelectric Project.
- As a Minister for Irrigation during 1997 to 1999 he sanctioned important irrigation projects all over Maharashtra.
- He also gave momentum to the irrigation projects under Krishna Valley Development Corporation. Most importantly,he took the progressive decision of "rehabilitation first and irrigation project later."
- He established Tapi Valley Development Corporation for North Maharashtra and completed projects worth Rs 5000 cores, thus fulfilling the long pending backlog of Khandesh, during this tenure.
- He sanctioned lift irrigation projects worth Rs 2500 cores for the district of Muktainagar and gave impetus to these projects.
- While working as Minister for Higher and Technical Education, he established one ITI in every tehsil of the state and thus established 358 ITI's across the state. He also took important progressive decisions of reserving 30% seats for girls in these ITI's and also the decision of keeping 2% seats reserved for Hindu refugees of Kashmir. He forced these governments to reserve 10% cots for BPL beneficiaries in the trust hospitals.
- Hundreds of beneficiaries took advantage of "Jivandayi Arogya Yojana" and CM relief fund for heart surgeries, kidney disease, cancer and brain disease through his efforts.